Tuesday 26 August 2014

Stamp on it Over to the Quirky Post!

Yes, I know I'm late... but I can see by looking at my ratings, no one's noticed! So, a big thank you for popping in today! Here's my DT card for the Reminder of the latest Quirky Crafts Challenge, Put A Stamp On It! It's not as hard as it sounds, honestly! 
Anyway! Here's my effort, but please pop over to the challenge and see the fabulous makes by the rest of the design team, they have all worked so very hard this reminder and made some incredible projects!!
I've used a scalloped card, thinking it looked more 'stampy' and these posting penguins, called Dear Mr Claus from our sponsor Stitchy Bear. Then coloured using Promarkers. I die-cutted the first picture with my snowy background (chopping off a few feet!) It's a little faded, as once again, I'm running out of ink! Once cut out I then added more 3D layers. 
I've also added stickles glitter glue, Christmas ribbon, a little Father Christmas envelope with a tiny stamp on it in shrink plastic and a Christmas flower. The flower and leaves I cut from the Christmas paper stack I used, which was another freebie from Cardmaking and PaperCraft Mag a few years back. They're 'shinny' papers, called Berry Merry by Jennifer Ellory. 
I've used three different background papers, no, four, counting the flower. There's a border punch down one side, which has little holly leaves and then the banner paper, which I've used in its entirety inside.
The inside I've left without a sentiment at the moment but have added the stamped out Santa Envelope I use on the front (which was also a freebie from a mag)As you can see, it shrunk down quite small. I had to chase that little beggar all over my craft room with the heat gun!
Well I think that's it!! Thank you for stopping by! As always, later hoping to add to some challenges...

5 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute. I love the penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Christmas card
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn, This card is too cute! I love those penguins mailing their letters. Looks like they are keeping in touch better than I am lately. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Awesome job coloring the penguins; they are so stinkin' cute!!! Like all the pretty papers you used also; a really wonderful card! So cute and festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Christmas card, inside and out Lyn, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies