Monday 16 December 2013

This Years Christmas Tree and Niamh.

I had a vote one year on here to find out what was more popular, artificial trees or real ones. The artificial Christmas tree won hands down. For years we would take the girls out to the Forest (a forest shop that is...we weren't out there with axes chopping them down!) and choose a tree. It had to be just the right size and width;  not too fat and not too tall. Not skinny and no broken branches. By Boxing Day, even with water, the needles would start falling, although the 'treated' ones did last a bit longer but we were still finding pine needles in June! So we, me, a few years ago, ended up buying an artificial tree in the January sales (70% off !) 
The only thing with artificial trees I feel is, they always look the same. I've not put so much 'stuff' on this year and there's a couple of newbies, an owl and an angel called Niamh.
 Here she is, meeting Santa for the first time.

10 comments:

  1. Your tree looks awesome!!!
    I like artificial trees, it´s easy to clean the house and to pack up, and you don´t have to go every year to look for a new one.
    Hugs,
    Ardilla :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the very first time is wasn't me who 'built' the tree, Tom got the tree out of it's box and piled the branches in colour coded rows! Then went home... and for once I did manage to do it in a few hours, not the week it usually takes!

      Delete
  2. I use an artificial one too. The smell really bothers me of a real one. They are super messy also. The kind I like is a noble fur and they would be around 150.00 each year. I have a 9 1/2 ft one that looks so real. The tree looks great. Have a great week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's 7' any bigger and we'd have to make a hole in the ceiling!

      Delete
  3. Morning Lyn, your tree looks lovely, we have an artificial one this year having had a real one the last couple of years.
    Awww cute picture of Niamh visiting Santa
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty tree and Niamh is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree Lyn.
    I went artificial years ago, but there are times I miss the real, heavily flocked ones we used to buy. They just got too expensive, and I really don't miss the messy clean up. Like you I was still finding pine needles in June. So it's the same tree, and same decorations just in different spots......LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the pine smell but not the needles!

      Delete
  6. Your tree is very pretty. I love the photo of your grandbaby seeing Santa. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies