Sunday 1 July 2012

Laugh! I've Caught the Quirky Bug Again,

Hi Bloggers! It's Time for another Quirky Crafts Challenge! Pop over and join in!! Here's my Card!! We are very lucky to have Bugaboo sponsoring us this week. Yay!! and they will be giving our winner/favourite Seven Digi's of their choice!!! And for those of you who don't win, now's the time to pop over to the bugaboo digi store coz they have 50% off! Caro has set a fantastic theme to go with these digi's
Make Us Laugh!!!
what could be easier than that!?
(Staying in bed all day)

No! come on, get out those mojo's, you have two weeks to make anything you want, enter as many times as you like, have fun, just make us laugh! Simples!!!
Here's my card... I've used Gus Tidbits New Truck printed out twice, once over the cloud backing papers (PinkPetticoat) and the stripy paper. This looks like two separate pieces of paper doesn't it, but no, the clouds and the stripes are all one piece. I left enough white card to add another Gus image next to it, so I could do a bit of 3D-ing! In the second image I' cut out Gus from the trucks window, but left the steering wheel and his arm, I also snipped off the headlight and that fencing whatknot in the back of the trunk.
To finish off I added some Glossy Accents to Gus's glasses, edged the card with a black ProMarker and added some mock stitching using a fine black liner. I also added ribbon, brads and eyelets from my stash. The stripy papers are my own, made using Promarkers and can be found as freebies HERE. Hope my card makes you laugh! Thanks for stopping by!
Challenges
One Stitch at a Time - Use a Digi
Pan Pastel - Use a Digi
Totallly Papercrafts - Use a Digi
Thehybridchick-stitching
Cutiepie- one for the boys
Pile it on-for guy/sports theme (I'm thinking driving, rally, banger racing in this case...!)
Phindysplace-inspired by a song (Pick up Trunk Song)
Charismacardz-anything goes
Party Time Tuesdays- Anything Goes

20 comments:

  1. Hi hun
    lol a fabulous card, luv Jodi's images they do crack me up,fab papers & design, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab image and a brilliant quote!
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyn,

    O.k. this made me laugh out loud! if I had a wife I'd want to trade her for that spiffy red truck too! tee hee

    I have a fun stamp - I'll have to see if I can find it and make something up.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Lyn..made me laugh but I bet his wife isn't..lol..fab papers and colouring.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so fun...Gus is one of my main men too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Lyn, love what youve done with your image, and your whole card design is just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun image and lovely colouring thanks for joining us this week at PanPastel uk.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Lyn and yes it made me laugh

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lyn, your card is so darn cute. If my dad was living - I would have to take your wonderful inspiration and make it for him - less the comment about his wife - as my mom died before him. Most of the time when my dad would buy a new truck for the farm, he would also buy a new car. He always claimed he got a better deal - but was that really the case?Anyway, Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely fun card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at TOTALLY PAPER CRAFTS, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lyn, love your card, it is so funny..

    Thanks,
    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colours, great cheeky image. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie challenge, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous ! Wonderful papers and colours. Nice character. Bravo ! It's very successful !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute. Love the sentiment that goes with the image. Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun card! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card! Fab image and sentiment!
    Thanks for joining in with The Cutie Pie's this time,
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Gus, and this one is too funny, great sentiment. Great song choice, too. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super fun image & quote, thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies