Wednesday 20 May 2009

One More Ice Cream Sundae

Oh boy! What a day...first it's my son-in-laws birthday today. "Happy Birthday Tom!!"
"I've made him a card but I'm not showing you yet, I'll keep you in suspenders til tomorrow...or maybe Friday!
And secondly...my laptop is very sick and I mean very sick. (aw) It's busy 'doing' something all the time, but not what I've asked it to do. It's as if someone else is using it! Ghostly goings on. Downloading and opening simple documents are taking hours!! To print one page it took nearly twenty minutes. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. A Snail could've done it quicker if it could type...and read...and not have it's mouth full of my runner beans! Anyway, I'm using John's at the moment (John's laptop that is) with my 'add on' hard drive thingy attached to it. (No, I'm not going to take a picture) The only scary thing about John's Laptop is, it has a full size picture of me (and him) as a screen saver (aaarggghh!!) and thirdly...yes, there's more.. last week I made (or tried) to make an appointment to see Mr Doctor about Xrays on wonky leg. Mr Xrayman said my doctor would know all about it by now. Hmmm. (On another planet!) Why is it, they only employ the ladies who failed Charm School to become receptionist? I mean, they're dragon ladies! Their pens are magic wands that only they can use to cast the spell that opens 'The Appointment Book of Appointments'. With much, 'Oh he can't see you Monday, too busy Tuesday, full Wednesday and Thursday, away Friday and then he's off for two weeks...' In the end after much shaking of papers (it's all on computer) and leaving the room to ask... whoever? She came back and I had my appointment for today. Lovely. Thank you. Good Bye. Only today arrives and Mr Doctor knows nothing about said Xray. He has no notes, No email. Nothing. I'll ring you later today, he sez...did he?? No. (I know there are some lovely receptionists out there, somewhere...in fact Southampton Hospital has a very nice one. Lovely young lady, blonde, very smily face. She gets my Gold Star Award.)
So! Card time! Freebies from Tinker and Co... Here's the whole set I made last week, what d'you think? Can I give up the day job yet?

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creation!!! love the layout and colors! Yummy! Sorry about the doctor. I agree about receptionists.....I have had to submit an insurance claim 7 times for a doctor appt. for my daughter back in December because they keep mixing up the numbers, company etc. I could scream! I hope it all gets fixed for you soon. I understand about the laptop. My computer has been having a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is great hun love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi your card is so so beautiful,i love your fantastic work..Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! They make my day!!
Spam does not get read, eaten or published!


((Lyn))

WOYWW?

Just Keep On Creating!

JkoC adv button

I Made Top Three!

Search This Blog

Sliekje digi Images!

Sliekje digi Images!
Freebies!

Blog Archive

I love to Blog Hop!

I love to Blog Hop!

mim

Pink Paper Paradise

Crafty Card Makers

last visitor was from, French Guiana

free counters

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...

WhimsicalWendy's Video Guide to...
Printing & Colouring Digital Stamps

Jaks AquaMarker Video Tutorial

Jaks AquaMarker  Video Tutorial
Click the picture

Jackqui Shows You How to....

Jackqui Shows You How to....
Colour with Copics & Prisma Pencils

Links to more Freebies @ Scrapbooking Supplies!

Free Scrapbooking Supplies